Tuesday 7 February 2012

Design's: Part A

Here are some designs that I thought of for the texture and look of the Graze box. Some are quick ideas, and others have been further developed.

Outside -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original box style:


















Edited box style 1:

I have changed the colour slightly, which has brought out the texture in the cardboard more. I have also given the colour a natural, wood, organic colour as I thought that this would suit the company and product. This colour compared to the original looks much more natural, and happy. Seeing the difference with both side by side really shows how dull the original colour was.








 Edited box style 2:

In this design, I have added a small design to the top of the box. I thought that this would flow well with the logo, making the style of the box more attractive. I chose white for the colour, as the logo was white. Later I will go back over these, with my own logo, in part B. I think this looks much better than the plain top, it gives the receiver something to look at, and will interact with the receiver by the style.







 Edited box style 3:

 I have continued to make the front the the box, more appealing, and less simple. I think this image adds to the natural look to the box, as this gives a slight tinge of brown around the Graze logo. I also think the circular motion around the Graze logo helps, as it is highlighting in a much unusual way the logo name.









 Edited box style 4:

 I wanted to see what the design would look like if I added more contrast to the new design style. I am not sure what is better, because I like the subtle colour of the previous version, although this stands out a lot more, showing the company name a lot clearer.











 Edited box style 5:

I think this is my favourite one out of all the designs, as this shows a simple design, although interesting. I have darkened it, so this would become more of a contrast with the white logo. I think this works very well, and look more interesting, than the original. I think this design suits the company exactly, because I have used very natural colour and simplicity which would unconsciously reflect on the food to make people think of it all as natural and healthy and without lots of unnecessary ingredients. The background compared to the original has improved because my background colour is warmer and gives more of a friendly look to the company.



Inside -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original box style:























Edited box style 1:



I wanted the style to continue through-out the box, so I added a similar design inside the box to give it effect. At the same time I have also colour the box, to the same colour on the outside of the box. I think this looks more pleasing as the bright colour on the original was too bright. I also found this very plain.















Edited box style 2:



This is the same version as the previous, although I have increased the opacity of the design inside the box. I think this is not much, and looks aggressive. I don think this goes well with the organic, nature, and natural style of the product.
















Edited box style 3:



I like this design which is plain, although I think it need something to be added with it, so this flows better with the rest of the product.


















Edited box style 4:



I think this design is my best, as this is simple, although the logo in the background just creates a sense of style, so it is not too plain. I thin kthe colour I choose for the logo was right as this is bright, and standsout against the cardboard colour. Even thought you cant see the whole logo, you know what it says, and I think this makes the design just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment