Tuesday 7 February 2012

Ethical Design

I think if you had to charge for a design for a charity is allowed. I don't think they should be able to get it for free, because this is someones job, and this is how they bring food on the table. I don't think the price of the design should be huge, although the typical price for the design. I still think that well known designers should still charge although not as nearly as they would for a less known designer, or a local designer.
 
I think that designers are helping to promote 'bad' products that people would like. I think this because they are styling the product on a poster in such a way that makes them look 'cool', this is helping to sell the 'bad' product. I think it is down the the designer depending how far they would go to promote the product, for instance if it was drugs, animal cruelty, or false advertising I would not help the company who is selling these, although some other design might continue and help design their product. The reason why I would not do this is because the design will have the designers name on it, and this may ruin their career, and give yourself a bad name.

I don't think that unpaid internships are fair at all. Most of the people that will do this are people trying to find skills to get a job, or students getting more experience. This means that we do not have the money to do an internship. You need expericane with everything now to get a job, and if you cant get a internship this makes it so much harder to get a job. This is just a circle that you cant do anything. Especially the design industry, although if you get known then all those disadvantages become advatages as you can get work very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment